With the closures of schools, businesses and restaurants and the mandate to not meet in groups over ten, it really limits our life as we knew it. Kids are already going stir crazy looking for things to do in the home or in the yard. Play dates, sports and overnight sleep-overs are on hold. It’s tough on both parents and kids.
We will be posting some creative and fun activities for you to do at home with the kiddos during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you come across something you want to share with other TRIBE members please reach out to me by email.
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines– Scholastic set up a ‘Learn From Home’ website with four categories: PreK and Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+. Each section is already equipped with one week of content for students with 15 additional days on the way.
- Adventure Academy online
- Huge list of sites for families to use while school is closed.
- Khan Academy Kids– (ages 2-7)
- 100 Activities to do at home during school closures.
- Have Fun Teaching (grades Preschool – 6)
- Daily Free Learning Workbooks for Teachers to Share with Parents while Schools are Closed
- Scholastic Learn From Home- (grade Pk-K)
- Play games and learn all about animals
- PBS KIDS – Play with fave show characters and learn too
- 300,000+ FREE printable worksheets from toddlers to teens
- Click Schooling brings you daily recommendations by email for entertaining websites that help your kids learn.
- Breakout EDU– Educational games K-12
- Test Prep for SAT, ACT, etc.
- Chrome Music Lab– Music is for everyone
- Digital Photography
- Tons of free classes from leading universities and companies
- Digital learning content for preschool through high school
- ABC Mouse– full online curriculum ages 2-8. Offering free membership while the schools are closed. Code : SCHOOL7771
- Moby Max– Providing All K-8 Schools and School Districts Closed by COVID-19 With Free Internet Learning Software
- Genesee Intermediate School District curriculum and instructional staff have compiled the Genesee ISD Online Educational Resources (opens in a new window) for parents and educators to help keep children engaged and learning during the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown. Additionally, the following activity packets for grades K-8 are available for educators to share and parents to use at home:
- Tami’s Tower– Let’s Think About Engineering (grades K-2)
- Bill Nye Explains the Seasons (grade 1)
- Mystery Doug Science Lessons (K-5)
- Fun Brain– K-8
- Chem Matters– High school chemistry topics
- Science Simplified– Hands on Elementary science videos
- Club SciKidz– Daily free science or cooking experiment to do at home.
- Mystery Science- K-5th Science lessons
- Fun Brain– K-8
- 16 Card Games That Will Turn Your Students Into Math Aces
- Math practice from counting to algebra and geometry (grades K-8)
- Math games (grades K-6+)
- Math and language games (grades 1-6)
- Bedtime Math– Math as a fun part of your daily family routine
- Boddle Learning– Elementary Math through 6th grade
- Can Figure It– Geometry
- Free printable K-8 Math activity packs (available in English and Spanish)
- Delta Math– A wide range of math content from middle school through AP Calculus.
- Fun Brain– K-8
- Actor Josh Gad Is Reading Books to Kids Online Every Night During Coronavirus Quarantines
- Phonics skills– (grades PreK-3)
- Fave kids books read by famous people
- Reading games (grads K-6+)
- Language Arts games (grades 1-6)
- Into the Book– Games to get “into the book”
- Resources for Spanish practice
- Chinese learning activities
- Classroom Cereal- Grammar practice for middle grades
- Reading passages for grades 3-12, with reading comprehension and discussion questions.
- Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin.
- Free printable K-8 Reading activity packs (available in English and Spanish)
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Squiggle Park– Reading skill building for ages 3-8+
- Nook Books for Kids
- Mrs. P’s Magic Library
- Open Library Online
- International Children’s Library
Agriculture, Geography, Animals, History, Social Studies
- FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.
- National Geographic– Geography and animals
- Big History Project- Online history classes for all ages preteen through adults
- BUNK HISTORY- Digital archive of history
- 35,000 pages of online content on the cultures and countries of the world.
- History for Kids
Online Museums, Zoos, Arts, Virtual Tours
- 13 Museums You Can Visit Online During Your Quarantine
- Georgia Aquarium Has Live Cams
- Center for Puppetry Arts– daily livestreams
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games.
- Tour Yellowstone National Park!
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- See amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
- Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
- The British World Museum– This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.
Alexa has many skills here are a few that might be useful while kids are at home
- 1-2-3 Math– Alexa open 1-2-3 Math
- Animal Workout – This one is a great way to get little kids up and moving! – Say, Alexa open Animal Workout
- Escape the Room– a great family game and not an easy challenge. Just say, Alexa open Escape the Room to get started.
- Bamboo– Alexa skills to help you learn, wide range of topics
- The Magic Door– explore the entire land beyond The Magic Door, say Alexa open The Magic Door.
- Assorted games and trivia on Alexa to browse
Puzzle Fun & More
- Maze Craze Kind of Day – puzzle maze to print from Dr. Wax’s Orthodontics office
- More Mazes- #1 – #2 – #3
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt from Linden Pay It Forward
- Kindness Coloring Pages
#1 – #2 – #3
- Cootie Catcher Template to Print and Design
- String Easter Eggs
- Easter Egg Hunt Word Find
- Make a Wooden Robot– courtesy of Home Depot
- 1000 FREE Disney Coloring Pages
- Books are Fun Hidden Puzzle
- Seussville– Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss
- All Kids Network– Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc
- Highlights Kids– Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities
- Dreamscape– Reading game for ages 2-8